In an effort to keep emergency room visits down and ease the burden on hospital staff, many dentist’s offices are staying open to treat dental emergencies. But what constitutes a dental emergency?
The ADA has identified dental care that you should have taken care of by a dentist at this time which includes:
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop
- Painful swelling in or around your mouth
- Pain in a tooth, teeth or jaw bone
- Gum infection with pain or swelling
- After surgery treatment (dressing change, stitch removal)
- Broken or knocked out tooth
- Denture adjustment for people receiving radiation or other treatment for cancer
- Snipping or adjusting wire of braces that hurts your cheek or gums
- Biopsy of abnormal tissue
For full guidance, click here.
Advanced Smile Care takes the highest level of precaution when it comes to infection control and sterilization. We make sure we are cleaning and sterilizing our equipment to the highest level, our dentists and staff wear personal protective equipment.
If you believe you are currently experiencing a dental emergency call Advanced Smile Care at 210-366-3606, and we will evaluate your dental care needs.