Changes in dental technology are making procedures faster, longer lasting, and much easier on patients. Advanced Smile Care is utilizes every resource possible to keep up with these advances.
As if a trip to the dentist isn’t intimidating enough, no one enjoys having to take X-rays of his or her mouth. Let’s face it: Inserting bulky dental films in your mouth and holding them in place for several seconds is not necessarily what most people would consider fun. Even worse, this process often causes patients to gag. Thanks to ever-evolving dental technology, the dental digital X-ray takes away the discomfort of traditional methods.
Advantages of the dental digital X-ray include:
1. Maximum Image Quality – with dental digital X-rays, the image quality is superior to traditional film and the diagnostic process is efficient.
2. Accurate Diagnoses – compared to their dental film counterparts, the diagnostic capabilities of a dental digital X-ray are much more advanced and accurate.
3. Safety – digital dental x-rays reduce the amount of exposure to radiation up to 90% when compared to traditional dental x-ray film.
4. Dentist & Patient Interaction – unlike traditional film, digital imaging encourages interaction between the dentist and his or her patient.
5. Easy Access and Retrieval – digital radiography safely stores images and provides dentists with easy access to them.
Intraoral Digital Cameras
Essentially a miniature video camera that is inserted into the mouth to take sharp, up-close images of the mouth, the intraoral camera has become a powerful diagnostic, educational, and documentation device for the dental practitioner. The intraoral camera enables us to see details inside the mouth that were not visible before and provides a powerful medium to visually demonstrate to the patient their oral health. We take intraoral photographs as well as digital diagnostic and cosmetic photographs on every patient. As a result, we can perform better dentistry and patients can take a more educated, active role in their dental treatment decisions.
3D ConeBeam Imaging
Advanced Smile Care now offers a remarkable new technology that creates virtually limitless views of the face, neck and teeth, for more complete treatment planning.It’s called 3D ConeBeam Imaging. It’s fast, simple and completely painless – patients just relax for a single 10-second scan. Then, from that scan, the dentist or specialist can quickly see computer-generated views of the bones of the face, the teeth, and other details from any angle, in 3D and in color! It’s important for your dentist at Advanced Smile Care to have accurate and complete information to plan your treatment. 3D ConeBeam Imaging provides that information, with a host of advantages for you and your upcoming treatment.
Same Day Porcelain Crowns and Onlays (CEREC)
A recent innovation available in our office is the “Computer-assisted design-Computer-assisted manufacture” (CAD-CAM) restoration, which are designed and milled by our CEREC machine. With CAD-CAM technology, crowns and porcelain fillings (or ‘onlays’) can be made using a computer while you wait, removing the laboratory step in fabricating the restoration. CEREC provides us a superior method of creating precisely-designed, color-matched, and highly durable ceramic restorations right in our office.
- Single visit convenience – no temporaries, no uncomfortable impression trays
- Protects and preserves your own tooth’s structural integrity
- Long-lasting and durable
- Beautiful esthetics ensuring a natural looking smile
- Ceramics are biocompatible – no metal
- Clinically proven – millions of successful restorations worldwide